In-Person Learning FAQ
Early Childhood Academy PCS
In Person Learning FAQ
- When will we find out more about ECA’s in-person reopening?
- Parents will receive detailed information about students selected for in-person learning and the in-person learning schedule by Wednesday, October 21st.
- My child has not gotten all the required shots. Can my child still return?
- No. DC Health requires that students have all required vaccinations to participate in in-person learning.
- How will you keep our returning students safe?
- ECA has a number of health and safety measures in place. Please view the “July 2020 Parent Meeting” on our YouTube channel: ECAPCS.
- Will every child who wants to come back in-person be able to?
- No, spaces will be limited because of health and safety restrictions. You will receive more information by Wednesday, October 21st.
- Will the school have a nurse this year?
- Yes, ECA is scheduled to have a nurse provided by DC Health when the students return in-person.
- Do our children have to wear uniforms when they return?
- Yes, students returning in-person must be in uniform.
- If one of my children is selected to return in-person, what about their sisters/brothers?
- Except for pk3 and pk4 students, all siblings living in the same household will be offered an in-person slot if they are available. Some restrictions may apply for our 3- and 4-year-old students.
- Will there be before & aftercare services?
- Not at this time. All students must be dropped off at 8:05 am and picked up at 3 pm.
- When do I have to decide whether I want my child to come back in-person?
- You must complete and submit the ECA Continuation of Learning Parent Survey by Monday, October 12th.
- Will there be a lottery system for parents who want their children to return?
- We will first prioritize students with higher needs and then randomly select others via lottery.
- Will parents be able to enter the building?
- No, parents will not be allowed in the building except under special circumstances.
- Will children returning in-person report daily?
- No, children returning in-person will have a hybrid program of both in-person learning and virtual learning from home.